November 30, 2010

Practice is a key of perfection!

I always heard that practice makes a man perfect but now I finally believe in it while working on my final project. For every new function and tool I learned in class, I wondered how helpful they are and how easier the map making will be with them. Now, while working on my project I can realize that there is a big difference in just knowing tools and actually using them and working with them. Very basic functions like joining attributes, labeling, symbolizing, etc. can take hours and hours. Another thing I noted is that the process of collecting the raw data for making a map is more challenging task than actual process of making the map. In the beginners’ class making maps from provided processed data feels like “cake walk” but now I certainly feel the amount of the work that needs to be put in for finding that data.

The more error you get the more you learn. And to get more errors you have to keep playing with keys. I hope after making hundreds of thousands maps I will be a perfect map maker!

No comments:

Post a Comment